Amazon - One of my Fav's!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Garage Day Blues... or.. Procastinators Unite! Tomorrow!

Argh... well, I've put it off as long as I can. Wife is now holding out on me until I clean the garage. Can not begin to describe how irritating this whole thing is. That garage is the bane of my existence. Sure, I'm not well organized sometimes, and messy, but it isn't helped by everyone (yes, including me), dumping stuff all over the place. I take the brunt of the blame, and probably bear most of the responsibility, but at the same time. Coming in and SEEING a mess is a bigger deterrent to fixing it than putting it away in the first place.

Doesn't she know I have ADHD and I LIVE by being disorganized? I swear.. trying to organize me is like trying to ask an orangutan to sing opera. He might give it a shot, but all you will really get out is a bunch of hand flapping and dirty noise. No, I am not organized. Yes, sometimes I am lazy (ok, often), but I get the things done that are important, and I take pride in being successful and seeing results in other areas where I really can excel.

While I am sure she hates this about me, and justifiably so, it is who I have always been to my core. Don't really know how to fix it, the fixes often end up being worse than the problem, because I get wrapped around the axle and end up a grumpy grumpity grump.

Fuck the garage, I want to go play marbles instead.

1 comments:

Kaytabug said...

I am the female version of you,which would explain my repeating when talking. Thankfully I do not have to worry about organizing the garage. I feel sorry for you. Our garage flat out overwhelms me. Wait! Every organizing task overwhelms me.

High 5 on the garage Dude!